Saturday, January 2, 2010

On Blogging

As we ring in the new year, I feel I ought to take stock of my blog. I have been at this for a few months and am taking a brief hiatus while in the US (don't worry ... plenty of new posts to come in 2010). I kept a journal steadily from the ages of 13 to 30 so I am no stranger to written record keeping. The blog allows me to note those stray bits of information that might otherwise get lost in the proverbial shuffle. This digital format is also an ideal opportunity to organize and articulate myriad thoughts or reactions and illustrate them with photos. I also like sharing my observations with all of you -- would that a few more of you would leave an occasional comment! Sometimes it gets a little lonely out here in cyberspace. But enough whinging.

We have had a splendid time in Chicago. This city remains my spiritual home but Tokyo beckons me back. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment